Friday, September 28, 2018

Landscape WIP - sky needs to be lighter, ground greener


Here is yet another start that awaits my final decisions. I know already that the sky needs to be lighter...I will add some white, perhaps clouds, especially in the lower half of the sky.

The bright yellow ground is actually a limey green, but I struggled with it being bright enough so ended up wiping it out and leaving the transparent Indian Yellow underpainting.

Nature has such a wider array of values than we have in paint that it is always a challenge to compress those values into a narrower range.

I am not sure the texture in the front works either - any opinions?

I could add some detail in the shrubberies in the back, but not sure I should - the star of this is the big tree, so best not to confuse things.

No comments: