Friday, July 14, 2017

Charcoal Sketches from Life with Academy of Realist Art

 I recently had a fun experience doing charcoal sketches from life in the booth for The Academy of Realist Art during a street festival in the Junction, Toronto, Ontario.

I managed to get a photo of two of my subjects. These are quick sketches done in 20-30 minutes and the most important thing is to make people recognizable. I love doing these, it is fun to capture people and make them happy while offering something anyone can afford.


Being the perfectionist that I am, I always feel a little frustrated I do not have more time to refine the work but I am happy to get the chance to work from life.

One of these was done after the fact from a photo due to the subject being to little to hold a pose. For this sort of event, that is always an alternative! I may have spent a little more time on it.....


Working in Academy of Realist Art Booth during Junction Street Fair

1 comment:

Javed Hashmi said...

Nice work, i really liked it.
Indian Portrait Artists