Friday, January 31, 2014

Portrait Society of America Conference April 24-27, 2014

I am so excited to attend "The Art of the Portrait" annual conference of The Portrait Society of America this year. It is being held in Reston, Virginia at the Hyatt Regency Reston on April 24-27, 2014.

This is such a wonderful opportunity to see many of the top portrait artists in the world demonstrate and share their knowledge. It is going to be great to see some amazing paintings plus get inspired to continue my own path of growth as an painter. There is also a small trade show for supplies at discounted rates and books too. If you have not been to all the wonderful galleries in nearby Washington, D.C. then that is a must-do activity on the Sunday after the conference ends.

If you like to create portraits, I'd love to see you there as well! It is a pretty short drive from Toronto, but this year I am going to fly down on Porter airlines. As a side note, Porter is the most awesome way to fly from Toronto. Instead of the insanity of Pearson Airport with 3 hour waits for customs (last time I took a trip out of Pearson I almost missed my flight) you get to relax with a free snack and cappuccino! Even better, my firstborn is going to tag along to keep me company.

No comments: