Thursday, June 18, 2009

Technical Difficulties

Now that I have some paintings ready to post, my computer, along with all my photographs is out of service.

The AC adapter cord started making a weird buzzing noise and emitting an unusual smell. Not good.

We ordered a replacement last week, and it arrived early, but it turned out that Dell sent the wrong part. Arranging to send it back was a snap. However, it took 2 hours on the phone with Dell, getting transferred at least 15 times, to finally order the right one (I hope) so if all goes well the correct one will arrive next week.

I am seriously considering crossing Dell off my list when I next shop for a new computer. Dell may be saving all kinds of money by outsourcing work overseas, but the customer service was horrendous.

When we were able to speak to a person who was actually in Canada (at about the one hour mark) she said there was nothing she could do and that she herself had been transferred several times trying to help us fix the problem.

Until then, I guess I better get back in the studio and get some work done!

No comments: